Best Hair Loss Shampoo In Singapore: Top Picks For Healthier And Stronger Hair
Hair loss can be triggered by a host of factors and can happen to both men and women. Although men have a genetic disposition to hair loss, women may still find themselves losing more hair than usual because of childbirth, hormonal imbalances, too much dieting, and even hairstyles.
Since hair is one of the first things people notice about you, it’s no wonder men and women truly make extra effort to keep it shiny and healthy with regular care, treatments, and special hair care products.
But if there’s one thing that scares everybody is, when every brush stroke is accompanied by a pile of hair on the floor or stuck between the bristles of the hairbrush. And when that happens, it’s time to switch to a hair loss shampoo!
What To Look For In The Best Hair Loss Shampoo In Singapore
Choosing a shampoo may be a matter of personal preference. But when it comes to finding the ideal hair loss shampoo for you, there are several other things to take into consideration.
For instance, pregnant mums will have to be more selective about the products they use because some chemicals are harmful during pregnancy. Also, those suffering from dandruff on top of hair loss may need a shampoo that targets both.
To help you in your search for the best hair loss shampoo in Singapore, we’ve rounded up the top 8 brands based on the following criteria:
- Beneficial ingredients that stimulate hair growth, promote stronger hair growth or address multiple hair care issues.
- Safety so you don’t have to worry about using it whether you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
- A price that won’t break the bank.
The Best Hair Loss Shampoo in Singapore: Our Top 8 Picks
There’s no shortage of hair loss shampoo in the market but Mama’s Choice Treatment Shampoo is truly special because it’s created specifically for pregnant and breastfeeding mums.
This shampoo cleans, nourishes, and strengthens the hair with its amazing blend of natural ingredients.
Considering mums often experience hair loss during pregnancy, it’s great that they now have a safer option to address their hair loss concerns!
Even better, the brand has also created the ideal companion to this shampoo—Mama’s Choice Treatment Conditioner. Infused with the same blend of natural ingredients, the conditioner caps off one’s hair care routine and leaves the hair feeling soft and smooth.
Features we love:
- Beneficial Ingredients: Mama’s Choice Treatment Shampoo is enriched with vitamin C-rich kiwi that helps in strengthening hair roots and coping with hair loss. It also has candlenut in its formulation, which is proven to nourish the hair and stimulate hair growth. Green peas are also added for healthier hair growth.
- Safety: This shampoo is formulated without SLS, SLES, paraben, dyes, alcohol and silicones, making it 100% safe for expecting mums.
- Price: Mama’s Choice Treatment Shampoo is priced at $12.90 per 150 ml bottle.
A brand that originated from Korea, the SMiB Coral Calcium Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo works by cleansing the scalp, restoring its natural pH level and nourishing weakened hair and scalp.
Moreover, it protects the scalp from harmful bacteria while keeping it healthy and shiny.
Features we love:
- Beneficial Ingredients: Its key ingredient is high-grade coral calcium that promotes a healthy scalp environment to reduce hair loss.
- Safety: This hair loss shampoo is free of silicones and 23 harmful ingredients such as lead, arsenic, triclosan, dioxane, propylparaben and cadmium.
- Price: SMiB Coral Calcium Shampoo is $39.90 per 500 ml bottle.
One of the best-selling anti-hair loss shampoo in Singapore, Dr Groot Anti Hair Loss shampoo strengthens hair roots and tackles visible signs of dandruff.
Even better, their anti-hair loss shampoo range comes with variants specific to those with oily scalp, thin hair or weak hair.
Features we love:
- Beneficial Ingredients: Similar to Mama’s Choice, Dr. Groot utilises natural ingredients. In their shampoo for thin hair, they use a blend of wildfire root, red ginseng, Ssanghwang mushroom, black vinegar, houttuynia, Japanese cypress and mint. Together, they help improve the scalp. This shampoo also contains Lingzhi mushroom extract, which is known to strengthen hair follicles and stimulate the hair shaft for thicker hair growth.
- Safety: Dr Groot shampoos do not contain silicon, sulfate or paraben.
- Price: Dr Groot Anti Hair Loss Shampoo for Thin Hair is priced at $19.90 per 400 ml bottle.
Nature Republic Black Bean Anti Hair Loss Shampoo strengthens weakened scalp and removes excess sebum to prevent hair loss.
This shampoo is also great for those who have dry and itchy scalp because it helps to soothe itchiness and cool the scalp.
Features we love:
- Beneficial Ingredients: This shampoo is infused with black beans, which are rich in nutrients good for the hair, including protein, zinc and biotin. These are important in promoting hair growth and the hair’s natural growth and repair cycle. It also contains salicylic acid, which can remove flakes on the scalp and create a healthier environment for hair growth.
- Safety: It’s formulated without silicone, PEG or other harsh chemicals. It’s also certified non-toxic.
- Price: Nature Republic Black Bean Anti Hair Loss Shampoo is priced at $23.90 per 300 ml bottle.
Himalaya Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo is formulated with castor oil and caffeine to treat weak hair that’s prone to breakage.
Harnessing the natural proteins of soy and wheat, this shampoo also helps to reduce hair damage and breakage, and nourishes and smoothens hair.
- Beneficial Ingredients: Two of the key ingredients found in this shampoo are castor oil and caffeine. The former is rich in acids that improve scalp circulation and encourage hair growth. Meanwhile, caffeine helps to stimulate hair growth.
- Safety: It’s effective for all hair types and safe to use on artificially coloured or permed hair.
- Price: Himalaya Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo is priced at $16.83 per bundle of two 400 ml bottles.
This shampoo from Klorane, a top hair care brand in Europe that champions SLS free and eco-friendly products, works to revitalise and strengthen thinning hair.
Ideal for hair loss due to genetics, stress, post-pregnancy or dieting, this biodegradable and vegan formula restores the hair’s energy and vitality for healthier-looking hair.
- Beneficial Ingredients: The Klorane Quinine Shampoo contains quinine bark extract, which is widely used by the Incas. It stimulates hair growth, strengthens hair and restores its health. This shampoo is also enriched with vitamin B5 that hydrates and fortifies the hair shaft, vitamin B6 that strengthens keratin and reduces sebum, and vitamin B8 which promotes healthier and stronger hair growth.
- Safety: This shampoo is free of silicone and SLS.
- Price: Klorane Quinine Shampoo is priced at $18.90 per 400 ml bottle.
Petal Fresh Hair ResQ Thickening Shampoo cleanses the hair and scalp to remove impurities while invigorating the hair follicles with its blend of certified organic peppermint, rosemary and green extracts.
With this shampoo, hair becomes thicker, fuller and stronger with regular use.
- Beneficial Ingredients: This shampoo contains organic peppermint extract, which studies have discovered helps the hair grow faster and thicker, and improves blood circulation in the scalp. It’s also infused with rosemary and green tea extracts that can support healthy hair growth.
- Safety: This brand is known to be vegan, colour safe, gluten-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free and phthalates-free.
- Price: Klorane Quinine Shampoo is priced at $12.50 per 355 ml bottle.
Innisfree’s My Hair Strength Shampoo features a combination of ingredients such as Jeju pine, cedar and cypress that cleans and soothes the scalp. Not only that, this potent blend works together to strengthen weakened hair roots and boosts blood circulation in the scalp.
With every use, you can expect improvement in your hair’s overall health and a scent that will remind you of the woods!
- Beneficial Ingredients: This shampoo contains Jeju pine, cedar and cypress that helps ease the stress on the scalp. Cedar and cypress are also known for their ability to improve blood circulation, stimulate hair growth and strengthen the hair.
- Safety: This shampoo is silicone-free.
- Price: Innisfree My Hair Strength Shampoo is priced at $15 per 330 ml bottle.